To celebrate my husband’s 23rd birthday 🙂 we had a small, informal dinner party with close friends. I let him choose the menu, and I couldn’t help myself….I had to add 3 other dishes…one of them Asian Salmon Burgers.
Asian Salmon Burgers
1 lb Salmon Filet, minced into 1/4″ dice or smaller
1 tsp Ginger, grated
1 tsp Garlic, minced
1 Tbs Soy
2 Tbs Hoisin
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Red Onion, minced
1 Egg, beaten
Additional 1 T Hoisin sauce to brush on burger
4 Burger buns, lettuce, tomato slices, mayonnaise
Makes 4 patties.
1. In a small bowl, combine ginger, garlic, soy, hoisin, sesame oil, and egg.
2. In a large bowl, combine the salmon, red onion and 1/4c of the Panko. (Set aside the remaining Panko in a shallow bowl.)
3. Add the liquid ingredients to the salmon mixture. Shape the salmon into 4 burger patties. Carefully dredge each burger in the remaining Panko.
4. Cover and refrigerate burgers for at least 1 hour up to 4 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat oil in a non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Fry burgers (don’t overcrowd!) 2 minutes on first side, Turn. Fry second side 1 minute. Brush a small amount of Hoisin on the tops of the burgers.
6. Bake in oven for 3 minutes, or until cooked through. If you like your salmon medium rare, only bake for 2 minutes. Serve with buns, lettuce, tomato slices.