This makes a thin, crispy crust with airy pockets. The dough will be sticky and difficult to manage, but its a great crisp crust. From Peter Reinhart’s American Pie book
5 c (22 1/2 oz) unbleached bread flour
2 T sugar or honey
2 t table salt or 3 1/2 t kosher salt
1 t instant yeast
2 T olive oil
1 3/4 c plus 1 T room temp water
1. With lg metal spoon, stir together all ingredients by hand for 1 minute, until combine. Then use electric mixer – with the dough hook – on low for 4 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes. Then mix again for 2 minutes on medium-low until the dough clears sides of bowl and sticks just a bit on the bottom. Adjust water or flour as necessary, using 1 T at a time.
2. Immediately divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Round each into a ball and brush with olive oil. Cover and let sit for 15 minutes. Then put in refrig overnight. If making for same day, let dough rest 1 hr at room temp, punch down, reshape them into balls and cover again – refrig for at least 2 hrs)
3. 2 hours before you plan to serve, remove dough from refrigerator and place at room temperature.
4. In meantime, preheat oven at highest temperature with baking stone. Let heat for 1 hour. Shape dough ball and stretch to thin pizza. Each ball should be diameter of 12″. Transfer to peel.
5. Spread toppings on pizza. Bake 10-12 minutes. When done, pizza should be crisp and edges slightly charred on edge. Underside should be brown and crisp.